Taiga Motors is seeking a Motor Control Engineer to join our team in Montreal. If you meet the below criteria, we’d love to hear from you.
As part of the power electronics team you will be responsible for developing and testing motor control algorithms. Technical tasks include system modeling, inverter control design, test bench and in-vehicle validation. You will work closely with other teams to meet performance objectives and deploy designs in a fast paced, highly flexible environment.
You want to join because you are passionate about:
- Pushing technological boundaries
- Working on high performance electric vehicles
- Working in a fast moving and continuously evolving company to change an industry
- Leading the development of motor control algorithms
- Design, simulation, integration testing & tuning of motor control for improved efficiency and vehicle response
- Testing & tuning of drive system in dynamometer & vehicle environments
- Working closely with motor drive team to continuously improve vehicle performance
Skills and experience:
- 2+ years experience in applied motor control for PM motors for traction applications.
- In depth understanding of state-of-the-art field-oriented control techniques & PWM schemes such as space vector, discontinuous & six-step modulation
- Experience implementing & testing motor control algorithms on dynamometers
- System level understanding of power electronics hardware, efficiency optimization, and firmware integration in electric drives
- Self-driven, excellent organization skills, ability to clearly communicate and interact across multiple teams and project management